There will be minted 7500 DeFi Land Seeds:
- February 8th, 2500 DeFi Land Seed NFTs will be dropped through the Magic Eden platform.
- February 9th, 5000 DeFi Land Seed NFTs will be dropped through our website https://defiland.app/
- Mint price will be 2 SOL for both sales.
- Once you get Seed NFTs, you will need to water those using DFL for 30 days. Better care you take of your plants, bigger they will grow and reward you more.
- From the plant, you will get from 1 to 4 Gen-0 Utility NFTs, which will be used for in-game activities and exclusive advantages.
- The Core Gen-0 NFTs available in this launch will consist of various cute animals, fishing rods, hunting guns, and harvesters.
2021 saw some incredible milestones for our community, including the token launch, the opening of the DeFi Land public beta, the brand-new Edit Mode, and many teasers into how we plan to gamify everything in the crypto industry. Our team continues to add new features as we build toward one of our goals for DeFi Land to become the most trusted onramp for crypto users to enter the DeFi space.
After just one month, the public beta has reached 19.5K verified users, 3K daily active users, and 8K weekly users. We are proud of these numbers, but we believe the rest of 2022 will be even better. Today, we are announcing our biggest milestone toward this goal: the gamified Gen-0 NFT launch.
We are always looking for ways to reward our (human) community members. Although we know there is no method for completely eliminating bots and investors looking to make a quick scalp off our NFTs, we believe our creative approach will result in a fun and fair distribution of NFTs. With this in mind, we are going to do our NFT launch in true DeFi Landstyle. Instead of yet another generative drop, participants can increase their chances of receiving rare or multiple NFTs by simply being a good farmer. Here’s how it works:
- DeFi Landers will purchase a seed for 2 SOL which must be planted in our game. We believe that this is a fair price that is in line with other projects, especially in the current market. There are 7,500 seeds available with the same Metadata meaning all of them have the same visual and opportunity, and each wallet can purchase only 4 seeds. Your seed will grow up to become your Gen-0 NFT rewards.
- When you plant the seed, you lock it into a smart contract for 30 days. One wallet can only plant a single NFT seed in their land. Each 24hr, you will have one opportunity to water the seed for a cost of 50–150 DFL tokens. The more you water, the “healthier” your plant will grow up to be, resulting in better rewards after the 30-day period.
- After the 30-day period, your plant will be ready to be harvested. Your rewards will be based on a 5-Tier system. Your tier will be determined by the consistency of your watering (remember you have a chance to water once per 24hrs for the 30-day period) and the amount that you water each day. Suppose you plant your seed but don’t have time for daily watering. You will still get your NFT in Tier 5, but your chances of receiving a rare drop will be lower. If you are a diligent farmer who has accumulated enough DFL to water your seed daily, you can rise to Tier 1 and receive up to 4 Gen-0 NFTs with the highest probability of earning a rare item. A short description of each tier is listed below:
Tier 5 = 0–750 DFL added in total. Reward is 1 Gen-0 NFT with a small chance of receiving a rare item.
Tier 4 = 751–2000 DFL in total. Reward is 2 Gen-0 NFTs with a small chance of receiving a rare item.
Tier 3 = 2001–3000 DFL in total. Reward is 2 Gen-0 NFTs with a higher chance of receiving a rare item.
Tier 2 = 3001–4199 DFL in total. Reward is 3 Gen-0 NFTs with a medium chance of receiving a rare item.
Tier 1 = 4200–4500 DFL in total. Reward is 4 Gen-0 NFTs with the highest chance of receiving a rare item.
As you see from the Tier system the amount of Gen-0 NFTs can be anything from 7,500 to 30,000, depending on owner activity. If you want to make sure you end up in Tier 1, you will need to use the maximum DFL for watering and lose only 48 hours in 30 days. After the Seeds are distributed, they will be tradeable on secondary markets, including Magic Eden and Solanart. We are also developing our own in-game marketplace, which will allow you to use the DFL token to buy and sell our NFTs as well as in-game resources. Using the secondary marketplaces, you will have the option to trade for the NFT that matches your favorite minigame or collect them all!
Phase 1: On February 8th, 2022 2500 Gen-0 DeFi Land Seed NFTs will be dropped through the Magic Eden platform.
Phase 2: On February 9th, 2022, 5000 Gen-0 DeFi Land Seed NFTs will be dropped through our website https://defiland.app/. Please always make sure that you are accessing the right website, not to fall for the scams, pretending to be us! Exact time and details will be announced soon.
Price for the Seed NFT on both platforms will be 2 SOL. Once the sale is done, it will be tradable on Magic Eden as a secondary marketplace.
The $DFL token has a bright future in our in-game economy, so we decided this was the perfect time to showcase its first utility. While we are asking you to part ways with some of your precious $DFL to participate in this NFT launch, we believe that the tier system provides very strong value. At the current price (as of writing this article), reaching Tier 1 provides much more value than buying another seed from a second wallet. Therefore, you are putting your $DFL to good use by watering your seed and reaching the higher tiers.
Lastly, there is the question of what to do with the $DFL generated through the watering process. Our first and only thought was to make sure that we give back to our long-term token holders.
It is our pleasure to announce that we will be 🔥 burning 🔥 100% of the DFL tokens obtained through watering. That is a total of 45,000,000 tokens maximum, or nearly 8% of the current supply. By watering your plants each day, you are not only maximizing the value of your NFT rewards, you are also benefiting the $DFL token community at large.
The Gen-0 NFT launch is your very first chance to earn the Core NFTs you need to unlock DeFi Land’s Play-2-Earn functionality arriving at the end of Q1 2022. This means that the Core NFTs will not only be scarce collectibles, but they will also be necessary to earn crypto in your favorite minigames. Each Core NFT pairs with one minigame, so you only need one NFT to begin earning. This offers DeFi Landers a fair and accessible threshold into P2E. Each NFT comes with its own rarity and specific attributes that give you greater rewards when used, which means more income from playing DeFi Land! If you aren’t familiar with the details of our game, feel free to check out the official docs. There is a ton of value from participating in our first launch, so let’s dive in with more detail.
Each NFT will have 3+ attributes that provide a distinct advantage in its respective minigame. The Core NFTs available in this launch will consist of adorable animals, improved fishing rods, brand-new hunting guns, and fresh harvesters. Let’s examine the beautiful new fishing rod to highlight how the Core NFTs will work.
The fishing rod consists of four components: the body, the reel, the float and the hook. Each component will have a straightforward leveling system that correlates with the rarity. Let’s start with the utility of each component:
- The body = the number of uses before the rod has worn out and needs to be repaired. The fishing rod can be repaired on your crafting table for a small cost of $DFL.
- The reel = the difficulty of the fishing game. A better reel will slow down the fishing game mechanics, so it is easier for you to hit the “blue” and boost your chances of catching a heavier fish.
- The float= the start of the fishing game. A better float will start the fishing action faster, giving you the ability to catch fish with less effort.
- The hook = the chance of catching a rarer/bigger fish. The P2E fishing game will include new fishes, and a better hook will be essential to catching unique and higher value fish.
Each component will be available in several rarities: common, ordinary, rare, unique, and legendary. These different rarities will determine level-up mechanics for your equipment and its components. The leveling system goes from 0 to 100. NFTs of all rarities have the ability to level-up their components over time, but it will be capped at a certain level for each rarity. Let’s break this down:
- Common: Your starting level is 0 and your maximum level is 40.
- Ordinary: Your starting level is 5 and your maximum level is 50.
- Rare: Your starting level is 15 and your maximum level is 70.
- Unique: Your starting level is 20 and your maximum level is 80.
- Legendary: Your starting level is 30 and your maximum level is 100.
These levels directly correlate to the advantages given by each component. For example, a Level 20 common body will give you the ability to fish 20 times before you need to repair it. A Level 100 hook gives you the maximum probability of catching a rare fish each time. As you can see, a higher level will give you the greatest efficiency at earning income in the DeFi Land P2E minigames.
We have already discussed how the Gen-0 NFTs give you the keys to earning income through DeFi Land, but it doesn’t end there. The Gen-0 NFTs will offer additional advantages because we want to reward our original DeFi Land community.
- Gen-0 NFT holders will be able to earn future generation NFTs, as more and more mini-games will be added over-time, without buying them. Instead, you will be able to earn future NFTs through in-game quests and achievements. These opportunities will not be available to users who do not hold Gen-0 NFTs.
- As well as, Gen-0 NFTs will be able to craft new NFTs without any limitation. Users will have to combine it with resources, DFL and Blueprint (that can be obtained randomly while playing a game). For more details don’t forget to look for updates in our official docs.
- First generation of our Core NFTs will be the only way to earn through mini-game activities for several weeks, before new games and crafting is introduced. So owners of those will be able exclusively earn limited edition rewards.
We have not forgotten about you! Although we will keep the suspense going just a bit longer, our most active private and public beta testers will receive utility NFTs for their support and help. We decided to drop our tester our NFTs instead of DFL or other incentives to give them the ability to earn even more by playing DeFi Land. Testers will be receiving the not the Seed NFTs but end-products, such as Fishing Rods, Animals and more. Depending on your activity — Achievements, XP and other parameters, incentive for Beta Testers will vary a lot in the future as well. Additionally, Top 1000 players in DeFi Land leaderboard will be whitelisted for our Seed NFT drops. Snapshot will be taken on 1st of February 15:00 UTC time. You still have a chance to qualify for these special rewards, so make sure to keep leveling up until the end of the month!
We look forward to building an economy within DeFi Land that will reward our community. We strive to ensure that DeFi Land is welcoming to new and advanced crypto users and accessible for those who cannot pay the extraordinary costs of other NFT drops. While DeFi Land will continue to be a free-to-play game for everyone to enjoy, we believe the Play-To-Earn functionality will be a monumental milestone for the long-term growth of DeFi Land.
We have a supportive community in Discord, where you can join our Weekly Farmers Townhalls every Friday at 3 PM UTC. Feel free to join us if you have any questions or are excited to become a DeFi Lander, yourself.
Expect lots of different giveaways so don’t forget to join our communities and become part of our family!